Scottish Borders Council Borders
Flood
Studies
JBA Consulting Mott Macdonald
Turner and Townsend

Frequently asked questions

Answers to some common questions which the Project Team are often asked are provided below:

Will this scheme increase the flood risk downstream?

 

Dredging the watercourses would reduce the risk of flooding?

 

What is being done to manage surface water flooding?

 

Who is funding the scheme?

The scheme may be eligible for Capital Grant funding from the Scottish Government. The grant funding can contribute up to 80% of eligible scheme costs, with the remaining 20% being funded by the Scottish Borders Council. The Council may seek other sources of funding to contribute to the scheme.