Consultation event #1
As part of the option appraisal process for the Borders Flood Studies a series of consultation events took place in September-November 2018. These events allowed residents and the public to view and comment on the options being considered and provide further information on the proposed schemes. A second consultation event was held at Newcastleton in June 2019.
The purpose of the consultation event was to:
- Explain why Scottish Borders Council are assessing flood risk to the 5 communities.
- Provide a general understanding of flood risk.
- Communicate the current level of flood risk throughout each community.
- Communicate the benefits of providing flood protection in each community.
- Present the options which have been considered and the preferred option.
- Gauge and record the public reaction to the preferred options to mitigate flood risk.
The explanatory boards displayed at the event can be viewed by clicking on the links below: The flood maps displayed at the event are included in the Flood Mapping section of this website. The options presented at the event are included in the Shortlisted Options section of this website.